Get Brilliant Output While Recording At Home
People want to know how to obtain optimum level of recording at home. Many of the artists record in studios, even though numerous of them carry out recording at home. However, they face many problems when recording at home.
We will give you some basic ideas to polish your recordings system and auditory at home. In addition, you will get tips how to obtain betterment in auditory atmosphere and recording equipment.
1. Recording surroundings:
- Keep away from solid surface: wooden floors, walls made of concrete create reflection, and sound will bounce with these things and consequently an echo will produce in recording. Problem of echoing can be removed the use of Fabricated furniture, carpets and curtains.
- Reflecting Shields: The Sound reflects through the back and sides of the mic. Overcome this problem by using reflecting shields.
- ?Do it yourself? auditory action: Envelop the surface area as much as it is possible. You can use a chunky blanket or sheet hung right behind the singer.
- Frequency concentration: Maximum concentration of the frequencies exists at Center of the room.
- No echo place: Stay near the wall where the blanket is hanging and get distance from the opposite wall. Do not poke yourself in the center of the room. Clothes, curtains, and blanket soak up sounds, so you can get echo less recording.
- No background noise: More the silence in the background betters the recording results. Therefore, do not switch on AC, TV or other electric appliances.
2. Headphones and Monitors:
- You can get the best playback while using monitors, and headphone are used to have good recording as well as they are used to monitoring directly.
- Back headphones: If back headphones are not closed down the sound will bounce into the headphones, so make it sure, when recording at home shut the back headphones
- Set your monitors: Place the best studio monitors in front of you in a shape that make a triangle having all its sides of the same length. (You can get more information about best studio monitors at here. )
- Check the volume levels: Adjust volume levels of headphones properly so that you can get the best output when you are directly monitoring with the headphones.
3. Microphones Technique
- Burst of air: Use pop filters to reduce the explosive pops of air so the recording does not corrupt and get smooth output. Put the vocals parallel to the microphone to eliminate explosion of air, as the microphone is very subtle part of recording.
- Away from microphones: Do not stay close to the microphone; otherwise, short distance will produce the propinquity effect in recorded sound. Singer should take position not less than 6 inches from the microphone to get better results.
- Selection of Pattern: Make a suitable choice of pattern or blueprint. Some patterns fit for solo singer recording his sound; some are good for a group or chorus of artists.
- Side address: Some microphones are side address mic; their capsules face side ward instead of up. Use proper microphone for a better home recording.